The revolutionary Dekton® by Cosentino is an exciting and in high demand product for countertop surfaces, flooring, cladding, facades for both inside and exteriors. Dekton® is a proprietary blend of quartz, porcelain and glass and this makes the final product heat proof, non-porous, scratch resistant, UV resistant and chemical resistant.
Ultra dense surfaces like Dekton® are very difficult to fabricate and require specialty cutting tools designed especially for this material.
GV Service distributes tools designed for cutting and drilling Dekton® surfaces. Dekton blades are manufactured by Tecno Diamant – an industry leading producer of diamond tools – Made in Italy.
REFERENCE: Blade BO-R/2 COS.3 AL
• Diameter 350 mm. TDBOR2COS335026ALSTD. (GV-S26A5-COS3) Segmented blade 350x10x2.6 – 60mm Bore- 1.8mm Core Thickness
• Diameter 400 mm. TDBOR2COS340032ALSTD. (GV-S32A5-COS3) Segmented blade 400x10x3.2 – 60mm Bore- 2.4mm Core Thickness
• Diameter 400 mm. GV-S24A5COMBI-COS3. Diamond Saw Blade-Segmented-Combicut-400x10x2.4 60mm COMBICUT CORE
• Diameter 450 mm. GV-S32A5-COS3-450D. Diamond Saw Blade-Segmented-Combicut-450x10x3.2 60mm bore – 2.4mm core thickness
It can be provided in any size and type of internal and external diameter. Standard stock sizes are what are listed above.
RECOMMENDATIONS AND CONDITIONS
– SPEED: A cutting speed of 0.7-0.9 m/min is recommended for all diameters.
– RPM: When frequency converter is available*:
– 350mm Diameter: 2000-2200 rpm
– 400mm Diameter: 1700-1900 rpm
* If there is no frequency converter it is necessary to adjust the speed depending on the type of machine or change the blade diameter to achieve optimal cutting quality.
– For large diameter blades (larger than 400 mm), take precaution with their vibration. In this case, lock washers are recommended.
– High volumes of cooling water pointing in the direction of the blade are necessary.
– This tool gives a very high quality cutting result.
PRIOR TO STARTING WORK
– The blade should be in good condition. The cutting table should be solid and robust. It must be perfectly levelled and flat (the quality can be improved by using a rubber or wood surface to buffer the blade vibrations).
– Check that the bench surface where the slab is going to placed is in good condition (i.e. that it is not covered in cuts in any one area, which might lead to the material moving).
– If a special machine is available, in which cutting can be carried out while immersed in water, do the work in these conditions, as it can increase the speed, quality as well as the performance of the blade in general.
GV Service also distributes bits designed for drilling through Dekton surfaces:
LEFT IMAGE: Specific Cutter for Dekton high 30 mm, diameter 26 mm, length 48 mm, connection ½ gas
RECOMMENDATIONS AND CONDITIONS
– 4200 rpm and 200 mm/min for any DEKTON® color.
– High volumes of cooling water are required to ensure that the tool is perfectly cool to achieve a top quality cutting result.
TYPES OF WORK:
– Reduce the speed for work with tight corners.
– This tool gives a top quality cutting result.
– For straight cutting, start diagonally to prevent the material from breaking. Then finish, by starting with the side opposite to the one you started with.
– The suction pads must be well positioned to prevent the material from vibrating during the work.
It is well noted across all areas of the flooring industry in particular, the changes in both taste and customer demands as there’s been an increasing shift year over year from carpet in particular, to floor tile.
As many articles point out there is a growing demand for tiles in the market, which has led to an increasing influx of production and finishing of Tile locally – see a recent article for example: http://www.floordaily.net/floorfocus/ceramic_tile_report_the_tile_industry_invests_hea.aspx
There is still a great deal of room in the market, as Floordaily points out also that only 15% of the overall flooring market in the US is spent on tile. Advanced digital printing technologies further expand opportunities for ceramic floor tile market and the industry is currently experiencing a huge move toward domestic production.
Some of the key geographic areas have been Texas, Tennessee and Kentucky. But also many distributors and installers have looked to setup their own fabrication locally as well for small and large volume needs. Here at GV Service, we understand the need to work with these demands and the changing needs of the market including new equipment, technical assistance and the need for capital investment.
GV Service has been servicing the US market for nearly 15 years, and has adapted to the changing needs of the Ceramic and Porcelain industry over this time period. GV Service provides domestic companies with trusted expertise, high quality products and distribution & logistics to help them expand and optimize their operations to accommodate the increasing demand. Visit http://www.gvservice.com/gv-services to learn more.
GV Service is a proud sponsor of GVS FC team at Bowery Premier.
Bowery Premier is an organization that hosts some of the most competitive football tournaments in New York City. Founded in 2001, Bowery Premier currently organizes and promotes a total of 7 tournaments divided by skill level and gender, including Co-Ed leagues and attracting over 1000 players across the five boroughs all year round. GVS team plays every Saturday with one of the other ten teams in the league.
GV Service now sponsors one of the two ‘All-Italian’ teams in Bowery Premier. Most players are born and raised in Italy or are of Italian descent. While the team doesn’t preclude players of other nationalities from playing, the team take pride in being part of the Italian community and share the same values and passion for our culture and for the beautiful game.
GV Service is the main team sponsor for the next 4 tournament editions, with the goal of being promoted to the top league.
Stay tuned for more soccer news!